Eagle's Cry

West High Lunchtime Choices

Aidan O’Shea, Reporter

Lunch activities for students and staff vary all around West Anchorage High School. Some people may drive somewhere to eat, while others will walk or stay on campus. Some may eat while some don’t eat at all. It all comes down to the individual student. No person is the same, so the following data and interviews only shows a generalization of lunchtime activities.

In addition to a student survey, three interviews were taken with the same questions asked (albeit with more elaborate answers). An individual named Tom Hubbard, when asked if he had driven a vehicle to get lunch or not, replied “no, because I don’t have a vehicle to drive at the moment.”

In another interview, an individual named Wesley Eastham, when asked if he eats with a specific group, replied, “I hang out with a group of friends, yes, assuming I don’t go out to get lunch that day.” In the final interview with Gunnar Peterson, when asked if he had ever walked anywhere to get lunch, replied, “Yes, quite a bit.” He also stated he typically did so with a group of friends (usually a specific group).

Overall, results across the three interviews and the 28-person survey suggests the activities conducted by students at lunch can be routine, but a student’s routine (or lack of) can be situational as well. Classwork and other responsibilities seem to be common factors in affecting any day to day actions. It also comes down to the individual student’s preferences and want of change in daily activities as well.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “West High Lunchtime Choices”

1. Juliet Eklund on November 15th, 2018 10:04 am

This article does a great job of explaining students’ eating habits and goes into detail about where they eat, who they eat with, and more.

2. Evie Johnson on November 15th, 2018 10:11 am

Interesting topic and very well written. Its interesting to read about all the social connections at lunch time.

3. Trey'von Guidry on November 16th, 2018 9:38 am

Amazing article, 10/10

4. Will Simpson on November 16th, 2018 9:39 am

Very well written story.

5. Patrick on November 16th, 2018 9:46 am

Awesome story!

6. Mr. DAK on November 16th, 2018 9:47 am

The hook was very captivating made me want to read more and see what students did at lunch

7. Matt on November 16th, 2018 9:57 am

This is a fantastic arcticle, and I find it weird that some people don’t eat during lunch

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of West Anchorage High School
West High Lunchtime Choices