Eagle's Cry

Quinn White

Quinn White, Reporter

Quinn White is a senior at West High School who hopes to one day become a reporter. When she’s not writing articles for her school newspaper, the Eagle’s Cry, she enjoys traveling, spending time with her friends and is an avid hot tub enthusiast. Her favorite place to travel to is Boston. She loves spending time in the big city with her friend, Benjamin, who lives close by.

One of White’s most treasured memories was her first celebrity encounter in December, 2017, when she met Malia Obama in Cambridge, Mass. She describes it as one of the most exciting moments of her life thus far. Her current celebrity crush is Whoopi Goldberg.

White is also a dedicated member of the Alaska Teen Media Institute, where she spends time creating print, audio and video stories with other student journalism. She has been involved with ATMI for well over two years and spends most weekdays at their studio. She also works at Title Wave Books. She started working there in April, 2017, and enjoys spending time with her coworkers there.

In the fall, White plans on going to college on the East Coast to study journalism or communications. She is very excited to be able to go to college and plans on touring her perspective school, College of Mount Saint Vincent, located in New York City this upcoming spring. After college, she hopes to work as a reporter, with her ultimate goal being to host NBC Nightly News.

White’s favorite journalist is Lester Holt, the current host of NBC Nightly News. One of her favorite quotes from Holt is, “You have to go where the story is to report on it. As a journalist, you're essentially running to things that other people are running away from.”

All content by Quinn White
Activate Search
Quinn White