Girl’s Soccer Game March 22

Savon Berry, Reporter

On March 22,2016 the A.J. Dimond Lady Lynx took on the West Anchorage High School Lady Eagles at the Dome. In a very exciting matchup the Lady Lynx took the win with a score of 2-0 in the first game of the season. Kelsey Eagle scoring both goals for the lady lynx really carried her team to the victory. After the game both teams felt pretty confident about the season.

After Tuesday night’s game Madeline Laporte was feeling pretty excited to get the win. “It was pretty good for the first game of the season. We need to work on our defense for better teams like South, but we will get that figured out,” Laporte said. With this victory the Dimond lady lynx sit as one of the top teams in the Cook Inlet Conference (C.I.C) at (1-0-0). Looking like one of the better teams in the state as they get set to take on the south Wolverines in a very tough matchup next Wednesday at 3 o’clock. “It’s the game we’ve all been waiting for. There always in the championship game and, they’ve got a good program it will be a tough game,” said Laporte.

West Lady Eagles taking the L in this game Tuesday night, falling to the bottom of the conference at (0-1-0), are tied with 3 other teams in the C.I.C. Looking to bounce back next game against the Bartlett High School Lady Bears. Victoria Jacobs, who played very hard, said, “We should get them next time. The biggest change that needs to happen is our communication on the field but it is the first game and we should figure it out this week in practice.” Jacobs says, “We plan to win the state championship this year of course.” With high confidence the Lady Eagles will make adjustments and try to get back to the top of the conference.

This being the first game of the season was a blast for a lot of the players and fans too! Mia Wilson shared thoughts on how she thinks the Dimond Lynx will pull off the upset this year and win the championship. “I’ve been bringing my daughter to soccer practice for six years now and I’ve watched her grow as a person and a player it being her senior year I hope we can win it,” Wilson said.  The Lady Lynx last won the championship back in 2013 over the Robert Service Lady Cougars are trying to get back to the title game. Wilson, with no fear of teams in the C.I.C says “The only team stopping us is South, and we got them this week so we are definitely trying to win this one.” The Lady Lynx are Preparing for what they call the “biggest game of the year.”